Thursday, September 6, 2007

first week back

Thank God this week is almost over. I'm exhausted, and the activities haven't even started up fully yet. You forget how lovely the summer is, how free of runs to piano lessons, trumpet lessons, school, band...
I picked up my french horn to do a bit of practice tonight; I haven't played for about 2 months. I'm kicking myself, because last year, in an effort to learn quickly, I devoted an hour a day to practising. That was an hour I did not have- some days it was robbed from housework, sometimes from walking time, and sometimes from sleep.
Tonight I sounded like a foghorn with laryngitis, gingivitis and God knows what else.
I just hope that reaching the point where I left off is quicker than it was to get to that point originally. Why, oh why, didn't I just do ten minutes a few times a week during the holidays?
My band will resume in a few weeks and I don't want to disgrace myself, again.

2 comments:

wife in the north said...

hi mimi, let me know if you keep up the blog and I will blogroll you.(She was ill by the way and now she is on holiday.)

Swearing Mother said...

Watcha Mike's Mum or Mimi as we can now call you! Glad you've got your own account now, will look forward to reading you!

Very best wishes.